TheDenver BroncossignedTheo Riddickfor running back depth. But, now, the team is back in the same spot they were before the move.
NFL Network’s James Palmer and NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Sunday that Riddick will miss the next 6-8 weeks after sustaining a slight fracture in his shoulder during Thursday’s preseason game against theSeahawks. Luckily, Riddick will not be required to undergo surgery, which would likely have caused him to miss even more time.
Riddick is entering his first season with Denver after playing for theLionssince 2013 when the team made him a sixth-round draft selection.
In otherBroncosnews, Rapoport also reported that the team is signing formerAtlanta Falconsundrafted free agent cornerbackRashard Causey. Causey had been dealing with a hamstring issue and was released on August 2.
Other news we’re monitoring around the league:
1. TheNew York Jetshad a busy day of adjustments, announcing a number of health updates.
After being placed on injured reserve last December, safetyMarcus Maye(shoulder) has been activated from the PUP list, the team announced. Maye, 26, dealt with a variety of ailments last season, which limited him to six games after starting all 16 the year prior.
Maye’s most notable accomplishment came in Week 5 when he made history. Against theBroncosat home, Maye set the NFL record for longest interception without scoring when he intercepted quarterbackCase Keenumand ran it back 104 yards, a yard shy of the endzone.
Connor Hughes of The Athleticlater reported injuries for the following players: guard Brian Winters(shoulder), linebackerAvery Williamson(foot), cornerback Trumaine Johnson (hamstring) and linebacker Blake Cashman (hamstring).
2. TheBuffalo Billsannounced via Twitter that formerCardinalsandBearsdefensive endSam Achohas joined the team and guardVladimir Ducasseis set to be released. Acho, 30, missed the final 12 games of 2018 after being sidelined with a torn pectoral muscle in Week 4.
3.New York Giantscoach Pat Shurmur announced that rookie CBDeAndre Bakerinjured his knee during warmup drills and will get a MRI. Baker was the 30th overall pick out of Georgia in April and is projected to start at corner alongsideJanoris Jenkins.
4. Kyle Shanahan told reporters offensive tackleShon Coleman, who was carted off during Saturday’s preseason opener against theCowboys, will be placed on injured reserve Monday. Rapoport reported earlier Sunday that Colemansuffered a dislocated ankleand is expected to miss several months. The fourth-year lineman, a healthy scratch all of last season for San Francisco after starting 16 games for theBrownsin 2017, was in line to serve as a utility tackle for the Niners.
Shanahan added defensive tackleD.J. Jones(knee) is week to week; safetyJimmie Ward(collarbone) will undergo X-rays this week to determine whether he can return to practice, and linebackerElijah Leehad thumb surgeryand is out two weeks.
6.Chicago Bearscoach Matt Nagy revealed during his press conference that WRAnthony Millersuffered a sprained ankle in yesterday’s practice and LBAaron Lynchis dealing with a shoulder injury.
7. TheDetroit Lionsannounced they have signed wide receiverDeontez Alexanderand waived-injured LBTre Lamar.
8. TheMinnesota Vikingsannounced they have signed tackleNate Wozniakand waived guardTyler Catalinaand long snapperKevin McDermott. TheVikingsdraftedAustin Cuttingin the seventh round out of Air Force this past April.
9. TheArizona Cardinalshave re-signed defensive linemanPasoni Tasini, who was called up from the practice squad and played in one game for the team last year. He was released May 10. TheCardinalsalso announced that both TECharles Clay(knee) and CBBrandon Williams(back) have been activated from the PUP list.
10. TheMiami Dolphinshave signed LBTerrance Smithand waived/injured DEJonathan Woodard, the team announced on Twitter.
11. TheOakland Raidershave claimed CBHamp Cheeversoff waivers and, in a corresponding move, the team waived CBD.J. Killings. Cheevers was waived by theFalconson August 2. Killings tore his pectoral muscle in Saturday’s game, according toThe Athletic’s Vic Tafur.
12. TheEaglesannounced a roster move, signing CBSojourn Sheltonand waiving WRShelton Gibson.